We serve large parts of the Black Country, including Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley, together with areas such as Tamworth, Uttoxeter, Burton, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield and Cannock. In total, we serve a population of 1.2 million and supply 330 million litres of water every day across a network of pipes that total 6,000 km in length to approximately 500,000 homes and 36,000 business customers in an area covering 1,500km2. We do not provide sewerage services.
Key facts and figures
- It is now more than 30 years since we last imposed a hosepipe ban.
- We have achieved a water quality performance of 99.99%.
- We have continually met Ofwat's leakage target.
- We are one of the leading companies for operating cost efficiency.
- Our investment programme in the current five year period (2010/15) will total £140m.
- We install around 10,000 new meters each year – 30% for new properties and 70% on customer request.
- We replace around 60km of mains each year, equivalent to approximately 1% of the asset stock.
- We deal with around 1,300 bursts each year.
South Staffordshire Water PLC (Registered in England No. 2662742, Registered Office: Green Lane, Walsall, WS2 7PD)
Back to top