Book a free Water Efficiency assembly.
If you are a teacher, you can book a free water efficiency assembly for your school. A member of our education team will come to your school to talk about how we use water and why we need to use water wisely.
Talks last 20-30 minutes and can be tailored to any Key Stage.
The talk would be followed by an action planning session to address the issue of reducing water waste. Allow 30 minutes for this session.
Follow the link on the right to go to the Education Centre website, to find an enquiry form and a member of the Education Team will get back to you with further details and to discuss a proposed date.
We recognise that the water industry needs a range of specialist skills to ensure sustainability and continued success. By investing in young people we can encourage them to pursue careers in the industry, and at the same time “give something back” to the community in general.
Here is how we hope to achieve a positive influence:
- Awareness of the importance of potable water for health and hygiene.
- Employment prospects for a skilled and knowledgeable workforce along with the rewards and benefits we offer.
- Raising the profile of our organisation with the customers of the future.
- Assist with the development of skills such as literacy and numeracy that form the basis of a good education.
- Understand children's views of the world, drawing on their innovation and creativity in order to enhance our business.
- Allow for personal development and motivation of our staff by involving them in education initiatives that need skills in project management, communication, teamwork and problem solving
Blithfield Education Centre
Thousands of pupils have visited our Education Centre at Blithfield since it opened in 1996. Education programmes have been designed and developed to support elements of the Key Stage 1 and 2 science programme for primary level and Key Stage 3 and above for secondary level education; work is delivered by our own qualified staff.
The Centre offers both classroom-based and outdoor activities in an area that is located within a Site of Special Scientific Interest and that is also noted for the surrounding ancient semi-natural woodland.
Back to top