Skip main navigation
- What is competition?
- Business customers, who are likely to use at least 50Ml (megalitres) per year at eligible premises, have the option of switching from their existing water supplier to an alternative water supply licensee.
- The Water Industry Act 1991 (WIA 1991) as amended by the Water Act 2003 (WA03) permits a company that is the holder of a Water Supply Licence (the Licensee) to have access to our network to allow them to supply water to eligible premises within our area of operation.
- Prospective licensees will have to obtain a water supply licence from Ofwat before they can use our network to supply their customers.
- There are two different licences:
- A retail licence - this permits the holder to purchase a wholesale supply of water from a water supplier and to retail it to customers at eligible premises.
- A combined licence - this allows the holder to introduce water into a water supplier's supply system as well as selling water on a retail basis.
In this section, we provide our Network Access Code and present some Indicative Access Prices.
Back to top