Skip main navigation
Competition - Network access code
- What is the Network Access Code for licensees?
- The Water Act 2003 established a legal framework for competition for business customers using more than 50 Ml (megalitres) per annum at a single site that is connected to an suppliers' supply system. To assist with this competition framework, we have developed a Network Access Code, based upon a template issued by Ofwat. This details the proposed guidelines and processes a licensee should adopt for use of our supply system and ensures all customers are properly protected.
- The code seeks to ensure that, as far as possible, access to the supply system is on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms.
- We are required to keep the Access Code under review and it will therefore continue to evolve and be refined over time. The Code provides an indication of the processes that may apply. Actual processes will be drawn up in an Access Agreement which will be devised on case-specific grounds and which may differ from the principles of this Access Code.
- Comments or questions on the Access Code should be sent to:
Finance and Regulation Director,
South Staffs Water Plc,
Or you can email: email@example.com
Back to top