Making a complaint
We aim to provide you with the best possible service but sometimes things can go wrong. We take complaints very seriously, so if you aren't happy with our service we'll do our best to put things right. This page, and our downloadable leaflet About our customer complaints procedure, tells you how to complain and how we will deal with your complaint.
- I'm not happy with your service. How do I make a complaint?
- There are three steps to our complaint process.
- Step 1
- If you have a complaint about your bill, please call our customer contact centre on:
0845 60 70 456. Minicom users: 01922 618025
- If you have a complaint about your water supply, please call us on:
0800 389 10 11.
Minicom users: 01922 618025
- If you prefer, you may put your complaint in writing addressed to:
- Customer Relations,
South Staffs Water,
- As you may know we collect sewerage charges for Severn Trent Water. We will answer complaints regarding sewerage charges, however, sewerage complaints must be made directly to Severn Trent Water. Please contact them at:
- Severn Trent Water Ltd,
St Martin's Road,
- Telephone: 0800 783 4444 or for customers using a textphone: 0800 328 1155.
- Step 2
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you can write to our Head of Customer Engagement, who will review your complaint. The address to write to is:
- Head of Customer Engagement,
South Staffs Water,
- Step 3
- If having gone through the first two steps you feel your complaint has not been resolved, you can refer your complaint to the Consumer Council for Water Central, the independent water industry regulator. Their contact details are as follows:
- Consumer Council for Water Central,
1st Floor, Victoria Square House,
- Telephone: 0121 345 1017
Minicom users: 0121 345 1044
Fax: 0121 345 1010
In certain circumstances, you may wish to refer your complaint to arbitration. If we cannot agree on the appointment of an arbitrator either Ofwat or the Secretary of State will appoint one. Ofwat is the Government department responsible for making sure that the water industry in England and Wales provides customers with a good quality product and efficient service at a fair price.
Under our Guaranteed Standards of Service, if we fail to respond to your written complaint within ten working days from receipt, we will automatically issue you with a payment of £30.00.
Back to top