Skip main navigation
How to pay
There are lots of ways you can pay your bill – just choose the option that is most convenient for you.
- Direct Debit - Direct Debit - the easiest of them all and FREE, call 0845 60 70 456
to set up Direct Debit payments. The payment will reach us on the due date.
- Pay by card online – you can make payments online using your debit or credit card. If you haven't already registered for this new and secure service, you can do so by using the link at the top of the page. You will need a copy of a bill with your customer reference number on it to register. You will be charged an administration fee if you pay by credit card.
- Paperless billing – If you would like to save paper you can sign up to our online account management service and choose paperless billing. This means that, instead of a paper bill in the post, you would receive an email to let you know when your bills are ready to view online. To sign up, use the link at the top of the page.
- Pay by card on the telephone - Call 0845 60 70 456. You will be charged an administration fee for paying by credit card. The payment will be with us on the following working day.
- PayPoint - find your nearest PayPoint outlet. Your payment will reach us on the next working day.
- Pay by phone - Call 0845 60 70 456. You will be charged an administration
fee for paying by credit card. The payment will be with us on the following working day.
- By post - Send your cheque or postal order with the completed payment slip (no receipt will be issued). The address to send your payment to is
- South Staffs Water
P.O. Box 63
- Make cheques payable to South Staffs Water and write your customer reference number on the back of the cheque. Please do not send post-dated cheques or cash - we do not accept any responsibility for cash sent through the post. However, if a cheque is returned unpaid, we will make a charge of £5 to cover bank administration charges. Cheques will be processed within two days of us receiving them.
- Internet or phone banking - please quote sort code 40-11-18, our bank account number 40770132 and your customer reference number (this can be found on the top right of your bill and begins with UC or MC). Payments can take seven to 14 working days to reach us.
- At a bank or post office - you may be charged for this service. It will take seven to 14 days for your payment to reach us.
- Through the DWP In some circumstances, we can arrange for water bills to be paid from
benefits paid by the Department for Work and Pensions. Please contact us on
0845 60 70 456 to arrange this.
Back to top
Do it online: