My water supply

Approved plumbers

When you're choosing a plumber, make sure that they're a member of an Approved Contractors’ Scheme, such as WaterSafe.

WaterSafe is a dedicated online search facility bringing together thousands of qualified contractors from across the UK.

The register has been provided to help customers find an approved plumbing business. Businesses provided by WaterSafe are not employed by South Staffs Water.

Approved contractors' schemes

Water companies and trade associations run the seven Approved Contractors’ Schemes throughout the UK.

All of these are authorised as Approved Contractors' Schemes by the local water company or the Secretary of State under the Water Fittings Regulations.

  • WIAPS – England and Wales, apart from the area covered by Anglian Water, Severn Trent Water and Thames Water.
  • Anglian Water's A Plus – Parts of the East of England
  • Severn Trent Water's WaterMark – Parts of the Midlands and the West of England
  • Thames Water's TAPS – Parts of London and the Thames river area
  • APHC – Across all of England and Wales
  • CIPHE – Across all of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
  • SNIPEF – Scotland and Northern Ireland

Approved products

Whether you decide to appoint an approved plumber, or undertake a spot of DIY, you should be sure to use materials that have been approved for contact with drinking water.

The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) approved logo only appears on products water companies have checked and endorsed as complying with regulations to ensure they do not affect drinking water quality.

You can search to find products that have been approved by WRAS in its Water Fittings and Materials Directory.