My water supply
Did you know...
We're responsible for making sure you have cold water at the boundary of your property.
If it's only your hot tap that's affected it's likely to be a plumbing issue and we're sorry we can't help with this - you'll need to contact an approved plumber.
1. Find out if the whole property is affected
If it's only certain rooms in your house, such as your bathroom, it's likely to be an issue with your plumbing and you need to contact an approved plumber.
2. Check your inside stop tap is open
Your inside stop tap can usually be found where the water enters the property. In a house this is often under the kitchen sink or in a downstairs toilet.
- Turn on the cold tap nearest to the stop tap
- Carefully turn the stop tap anti-clockwise to turn on and clockwise to turn off a few times. This should free any airlocks or blockages in the pipes
3. Check with your neighbours
It may be useful to check with your neighbours to see if someone has turned off your outside stop tap – perhaps to carry out building work, or repair a leak. This is most common in terraced properties or flats which may share a water supply pipe.
4. Use our live map to search for incidents in your area
If steps 1 to 3 don’t work there may be a problem in your area. You can check our live map to see if we’re aware of any work in your area.
In my area
Find out what's going on in your area
5. Report it
If you still have no water - let us know. We will then be able to investigate your problem and advise you on the next steps.
Click here to report a problem
Let us know what issues you are having with your water supply.