Can I change my mind after the meter has been fitted?
If you choose to have a meter fitted in the last 12 months, you can change back to unmetered charges as long as you meet the conditions.
You can revert to rateable value providing that:
- You give us notice within 12 months of installing the meter, or within a month from receipt of the bill that shows 12 months’ consumption
- This is the first time you have asked us to change back to unmetered charges
- You do not intend to use water for non-essential purposes, as described in the Water Industry (Prescribed Conditions) Regulations 1999.
- You still live at the property. A new occupier cannot ask to convert the property back to rateable value.
- You opted to have the meter installed. Reversion is not available for properties that have been compulsorily metered.
If you revert back to rateable value charges we will not remove the meter. This is in case the property needs to be metered at some point in the future. If you move from the property, the next occupier will be charged using the meter.