Help & Advice

How can you help me pay my bill?

We know that sometimes finding the money to pay your bill can be difficult so it is very important if you are struggling that you contact us as soon as possible.

We can only help if you tell us, so call us straightaway.

Difficulty paying?
Contact us

Calls to 0800 numbers are free.

If you are having significant money problems, you may be able to apply to the South Staffs Water Charitable Trust for help towards the cost of your water bill.

The Trust is a registered charity that operates independently to us and aims to assist those customers who are in need or who are suffering hardship or other distress.

Your difficulties may be because you are:

  • In receipt of benefits or have a low income
  • Suffering from an illness or disability
  • In temporary difficulties, for example, as a result of redundancy
  • Experiencing a relationship breakdown or bereavement

The Trust takes applications from people who are:

  • In arrears with their water bills (including sewerage services), either for the current year, or from previous years or;
  • Who have had a sudden change in their circumstances (for example, redundancy) that may result in a short-term period of hardship.

Only customers of ours may apply for help.

Priority for help from the Trust will be given to applicants who are willing to make a regular contribution towards the cost of their bill – usually between £1 and £2 a week - depending on weekly disposable income.

You can make an application directly by downloading the application form, by calling the Trust on 0300 3300033, or by asking us to submit an application on your behalf. Calls to this number cost the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers.

Click here to visit the South Staffs Water Charitable Trust website

If you are experiencing extreme financial difficulties and water is one of several outstanding debts, then you should contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB).

The Trust can also receive applications on your behalf from organisations such as:

  • The Citizens’ Advice Bureau
  • Local authorities
  • Mental health charities
  • Financial advisers
Rate this response:

Related queries

Still not found your answer?

If you can't find the answer to your question, you can contact us and we'll endeavour to respond as soon as possible

Contact South Staffs Water