What are you doing to reduce leakage?
Each year we invest millions of pounds in tackling leakage.
- Repair the visible leaks on our network
- Monitor our pipe network to detect any increase in leakage
- Locate and repair underground leaks on our network which don't show at ground level
- Replacing parts of our pipe network to minimise bursts and leakage
- Install automated equipment to control network pressures
It is impossible to eliminate leakage completely. Like most other things our underground pipe network wears out and suffers damage from the external environment, for example from ground movement associated with freezing temperatures or very dry weather and traffic on the roads.