Help & Advice

What should I do if my stop tap is broken?

Most properties have an inside and an outside stop tap.

Inside stops taps - responsibility of the owner or landlord of the property

Your inside stop tap is usually the most accessible and if it's broken, you won't be able to turn off your water supply in an emergency or to make home improvements or repairs. Inside stop taps are part of your internal plumbing and you'll need to find an approved plumber to fix it.

Outside stop taps

Outside stop taps control the main water supply to your property. They tend to be operated by professionals.

South Staffs Water is responsible for stop taps located outside the boundary of a property.

If the stop tap, lid or chamber is damaged, call us on 0800 389 1011 to report it.

Rate this response:

Related queries

Still not found your answer?

If you can't find the answer to your question, you can contact us and we'll endeavour to respond as soon as possible

Contact South Staffs Water