Help & Advice

When should I notify you about plumbing work?

Typically you must notify us before carrying out work on any water system installations in connection with:

  • Erection of any new building or structure
  • Extension or alteration of a water system in non-domestic premises
  • Material change in use of any premises
  • Bidet - ascending spray/flexible hose
  • Bath - larger than 230 litres
  • Pump/booster drawing more than 12 l/min
  • Reverse osmosis unit
  • Water treatment unit producing wastewater discharge or requiring regeneration
  • RPZ valve or other mechanical device for preventing backflow prevention in Fluid 5 or 4
  • Garden watering systems - unless hand operated
  • Water systems laid outside buildings less than 750mm or greater than 1350mm below ground
  • Automatically replenished ponds or swimming pools of more than 10,000litres

For more information see Regulation 5 of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999. This identifies the main areas of installation/alteration which water suppliers need to be aware of in advance.

Click here to find out how to notify us of a plumbing installation

Rate this response:

Related queries

Still not found your answer?

If you can't find the answer to your question, you can contact us and we'll endeavour to respond as soon as possible

Contact South Staffs Water