Why should I use an approved plumber or contactor?
There are lots of reasons why we can recommend you always use an approved plumber or contractor:
- Approved plumbers and contractors are fully qualified to carry out plumbing work in homes and business premises.
- They agree to adhere to the WaterSafe customer commitments, conditions of membership and rules of the scheme.
- All WaterSave approved business are required to carry out work in accordance with the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws. These ensure there should be no risk from poor installation or sub-standard materials that could cause contamination of your drinking water supply.
- They will issue a 'work completed' certificate, which provides a defence for property owners who are challenged by a water supplier enforcing the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws.
- For most types of plumbing work, plumbers have a legal duty to notify the water supplier before they start work and this can lead to delays. Approved businesses can carry out some work without the need to provide advanced notification to the water supplier.
- Approved businesses hold public and employers' liability insurance.
- There is an independent complaints procedure in place to resolve any technical disputes about how the work has been carried out, should a concern arise.
- Approved businesses will be required to put their work right if it does not meet the requirements of the Water Fittings Regulations or Byelaws, enforced by the water supplier.
- Approved businesses are audited to check they are complying with the rules of their Approved Contractors' Scheme.
For more information or to find an approved plumber or contactor visit www.watersafe.org.uk