My water meter
Switching to a water meter
There are a number of benefits to switching to a meter:
- It’s usually free to have fitted
- Metered prices are lower than unmetered prices
- People with a meter tend to use less water
- Using less water means lower water bills and lower energy bills for heating water
- Using less water is helpful to the environment
- Special tariffs if you’re on a low income
- Help spot leaks on your property
If you do find your charges are higher, you have a year to change back to rateable value. We won't base your bills on the meter any more but it will remain in place at your property.
Use the water meter calculator
The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) provides an accurate water meter calculator for South Staffs Water customers.
Click here to try the water meter calculator
Find out how much your metered water bill could be with the Consumer Council for Water's calculator
Click here to apply for a water meter online, you'll need to register or log in to My Account
Once your meter has been installed you’ll be able to view your bills online, make payments and submit meter readings all at the click of a button.
Click here to download the meter application form
If you do not wish to set up an online account, but still want to request a meter, please download this form.