Value your water this Valentine’s Day
South Staffs Water is encouraging lovers to swap Champagne for a humble glass of water this Valentine’s Day.
The water company has identified five reasons why we should all love and value our wonderful and precious water supply a bit more.
“Valentine’s Day is all about expressing your love and this February 14 we want to use it to celebrate our love for water.
“Water is a precious and a wonderful resource which we can be guilty of taking for granted now and again. On average each of us uses 150 litres of water every single day – much of it without a second thought. We want to use Valentine’s Day to celebrate just a few of the great things about it,” said our secret water admirer.
Five reasons to love your South Staffs Water supply this Valentine’s Day:
1) It helps you to lose weight: Some studies have found drinking water before a meal can help you lose weight by supressing your appetite. Water has no calories and contains no sugars – which is perfect if you are taking part in Sugar-Free February, or if you just want to keep your figure trim for your loved one. It can also help lose a few ounces if you should happen to over indulge on the chocolates.
2) It keeps you hydrated: We all depend on water to survive. Every cell, tissue, and organ in your body needs water to work correctly. The NHS advises we should drink about 1.2 litres (six to eight glasses) of fluid a day to stop us getting dehydrated – or is that light headed feeling just because you’re in love?
3) It’s great value: On average, our customers pay less than 40p a day for all the water they need for drinking, washing and cleaning – less than the price of a litre of branded bottled water. In fact at South Staffs Water we have the lowest combined water and wastewater bill in the country. Our website also contains lots more advice on how to save money on your water bill. Worth considering if you need to save a few pennies to buy a Valentine’s gift.
4) High quality comes as standard: All our water has to meet stringent UK standards for water quality. On a typical day, we treat 330million litres of water to make it clean and pleasant to drink. It’s then supplied to more than half a million homes and businesses. So if you do swap water for Champagne – you know you won’t be compromising on quality.
5) We offer extra help if you need it: Just like any considerate partner we go the extra mile to offer our customers extra help when they need it. So whether you are facing a short term financial crisis or a long term health challenge, we can offer personalised support and assistance to meet your needs. Find out more about our Priority Services Register online or call 0345 60 70 456.