Taking small steps now can help to ensure that there is enough water to go around: for our neighbourhoods, for our businesses and for the environment.
Why save water?
Climate change, population increases and changes in lifestyle have led to increasing pressure being put on our water supplies. It's more important than ever that we take care with how much water we use.
- The UK has less available water per person than most other European countries.
- The South East of England has less water available per person than some African countries.
- Even Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North of England have experienced water scarcity in the last few years.
How can we make the most of the water in our homes?
Taking care not to waste water has benefits for us all. Find out more below on how you can start saving water - and money!
- You can save money on your metered bill by lowering your consumption
- By reducing the amount of wasted hot water you could reduce your energy bills
Saving water in your home
Water-saving tips around the home.
Saving water outside
From gardening and water-efficient plants to car washing and leaks.
Saving water at work
Help your workplace become a water-efficient business.
Free water-efficiency devices
Claim your free water-efficiency devices and start saving water and money.