Terms and Conditions
South Staffordshire Water PLC (referred to as the "Company", "we", "us" or "our") incorporated and registered in England with company number 2662742 whose registered office is at Green Lane, Walsall, WS2 7PD is the operator of this website, which includes the website known as the My Account and the website known as the Careers Portal (referred to collectively as the "Site").
The terms "you" and/or "your", refer to you as the Customer.
Use of our Site is conditional upon your acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions of Website Use.Your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Website Use in full, which take effect on the date which you first, use the Site. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions of Website Use please refrain from using the Site immediately
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Website Use at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted on our Site to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
You and we (each a "Party" and together the "Parties") agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
- 1.1 If you are a customer using the Customer Portal section of the Site or an applicant using the Careers Portal section of the Site subject to clauses 4.2 and 11 we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable licence for as long as you are a customer with us or an applicant (the "Licence Term") to access and use the Site for the purpose of:
- 1.1.2 if you are a customer, viewing your bills (or statements); accessing your account information; paying your bills by debit and/or credit card; recording your meter readings and accessing and using any other services offered to you by us through the Customer Portal; or
- 1.1.3 if you are an applicant accessing and amending your application details and submitting your application online through the Careers Portal.
- 1.2 The Licence granted by us to you is not sub-licensable.
- 2.1 Access to the Site is granted on a temporary basis.
- 2.2 You must:
- 2.2.1 use your best endeavours to ensure that you comply with all of these Terms and Conditions of Website Use;
- 2.2.2 use your best endeavours to ensure that you comply with any additional restrictions notified by us to you in respect of your use of the Site ; and
- 2.2.3 provide us with reasonable assistance in complying with our legal obligations (particularly in respect of data protection laws);
- 2.2.4 use your best endeavours to ensure that you do not let any other people use your user name; email address, password or identification number (the "Security Information") to access and/or use the Customer Portal or the Careers Portal. You agree and acknowledge that the Security Information is personal to you and that you will at all times keep the Security Information secure.
- 3.1 We cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Site or to any site to which a link is provided. Subject to clause 8.1, we accept no responsibility for any damages or losses arising out of the loss of use of any the information in the Site.
- 3.2 Changes are periodically made to the Site and to the information on the Site. We may make improvements and/or changes at any time.
- 3.3 If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or any part of it, or close it indefinitely.
- 3.4 Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
4. Viruses and virus protection
- 4.1 We give no warranty that the Site is free from viruses, worms, trojans, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You should run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Site.
- 4.2 In connection with your use of the Site, you will not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. By breaching this provision, you could commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site and the Licence under clause 1.1 (if applicable) will cease immediately.
- 4.3 Subject to clause 8.1 we do not accept any liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system that may occur as a result of you using material derived from the Site.
5. Intellectual property rights
- 5.1 In this Clause 5 "Intellectual Property Rights" means all copyright, know-how, trade secrets, design rights, database rights, related rights, trade marks, rights in computer software, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
- 5.2 Reference to "Content" means all content, material and/or information that is made available to you to view and/or download in or from the Site.
- 5.3 All Intellectual Property Rights in the Content shall remain the property of us or our licensors. These Terms and Conditions of Website Use do not transfer any ownership in our or our licensor's Intellectual Property Rights to you. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Content are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not remove, conceal or alter any copyright notices contained in the Content.
- 5.4 All our logos and associated phrases used on the Site are our trademarks and must not be used without our prior written consent.
5.5 You must ensure that
- 5.5.1 except for personal and non-commercial use, you will not copy, republish, broadcast, upload, download, transmit, modify or deal in any manner at all any part of the Content, without the prior written consent of us, and then only in such a way that the Intellectual Property Rights in the Content is acknowledged.
- 5.5.2 you will promptly comply with our reasonable instructions from time to time concerning use of the Site or the Content.
- 5.6 If any of the Content becomes, or in our opinion is likely to become, subject to an infringement claim we may at our option and expense (1) obtain the right for you to continue using the Site; or (2) modify or replace the Content to avoid the infringement claim.
6. Restricted access
- 6.1 Where you use the Site or permit it to be used in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions of Website Use, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that this is the case, then we may at our sole discretion suspend or terminate your use of the Site and your registration if you are user of the Customer Portal or Careers Website and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site.
- 6.2 It is your responsibility to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of any of the Security Information, unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it. Subject to clause 8.1 and to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using the Security Information, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by us or another party as a result of someone else using the Security Information.
- 6.3 You acknowledge and agree that any applications for access to the restricted areas of the Site that appear to be invalid will be refused by us and the applicant will be informed accordingly. If you are not authorised by us, you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any restricted area/s of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to or part of our computer network.
- 6.4 You acknowledge and agree that unauthorised access to the Site or any other of our computer and/or network systems through hacking, password mining or any other means is strictly forbidden.
7. Links policy
- 7.1 We may from the Site, provide links to other sites from time to time. These links are provided for your information and convenience only. We do not endorse or take any responsibility for the sites linked to or for the content of those sites.
8. Limitations of liability
- 8.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Website Use (or elsewhere in the Site) will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or statements made fraudulently; or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 8.2 If you upload material to the Site it will not be moderated by us. We do not make any warranties in relation to such material and subject to clause 8.1, and to the extent permitted by law; we accept no liability for such material.
- 8.3 We make no claims about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, lack of viruses or other harmful components and accuracy of the information, products and graphics contained within the Site for any purpose. While every effort is made to ensure that all information is accurate, valid and up to-date all site content is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind. To the extent permitted by law (and subject to clause 8.1) we disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information and service as a whole.
- 8.4 Your use of the Site signifies your continued agreement that we shall not be responsible for unauthorised access to or alteration of your data transmissions (if any). This includes any material or data sent or received by theSite via your computer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the Site and all its content is not contaminated in any way, to the extent permitted by law (and subject to clause 8.1) (i) we do not warrant that such material will be free from infection or viruses and (ii) in no event shall we be liable for any loss, disruption or damage of data or to your computer system howsoever arising.
- 8.5 Subject to clause 8.1 and to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you whatsoever and/or howsoever in relation to your use of the Site under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Website Use, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
9. Breaches of these terms and conditions of website use
- 9.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions of Website Use, if you breach these Terms and Conditions of Website Use in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the Site, prohibiting you from accessing the Site, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the Site, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Site and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
- 11.1 If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Website Use we reserve the right immediately and without notice to you to:
- 11.1.1 terminate your access to the Site, and
- 11.1.2 terminate the Licence granted to you under clause 1.1 if you are a customer using the Customer Portal or an applicant using the Careers Portal.
- 11.3 Where applicable, on the expiry or termination of the Licence granted under clause 1.1 you will immediately cease to use the Customer Portal and/ or the Careers Portal, the Security Information and your account.
- 11.4 All rights granted under the Licence referred to in clause 1.1 will be automatically terminated, except for such rights of action as will have accrued prior to such termination and any obligation which expressly or impliedly continue in force after such termination or expiry.
- 12.1 If a provision of these Terms and Conditions of Website Use is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
13. Exclusion of third party rights
- 13.1 These Terms and Conditions of Website Use are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms of Website Use is not subject to the consent of any third party.
14. Entire agreement
- 14.1 The Terms and Conditions of Website Use constitute the whole agreement between you and us relating to this subject matter and supersedes all prior arrangements or promises between you and us relating to its subject matter. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
15. Law and jurisdiction
- 15.1 These Terms and Conditions of Website Use will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions of Website Use will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.