My water meter
Why switch to a water meter?
There are a number of benefits to switching to a meter
- Metered prices are lower than unmetered prices
- People with a meter tend to use less water
- Using less water means lower water bills and lower energy bills for heating water
- Using less water is helpful to the environment
- Special tariffs if you’re on a low income
- Having a meter helps spot leaks on your property
- It’s usually free to have fitted
As a very general ‘rule of thumb’ if there are more bedrooms in your home than occupants it is certainly worth checking if you might benefit from opting for a water meter.
If you do find your charges are higher, you have 2 years to change back to rateable value. We won't base your bills on the meter any more but it will remain in place at your property.
Use the water meter calculator
The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) provides a quick and easy online water meter calculator as a first step in understanding whether switching could help you cut your water bill.
Click here to try the water meter calculator
Find out how much your metered water bill could be with the Consumer Council for Water's calculator
Three simple steps to installation
Apply for a water meter
Click here to apply for a water meter online, you'll need to register or log in to My Account
Once your meter has been installed you’ll be able to view your bills online, make payments and submit meter readings all at the click of a button.
Click here to download the meter application form
If you do not wish to set up an online account, but still want to request a meter, please download this form.