My bills and payments
If you are on a low income we may be able to help by putting a limit on your charges for water and sewerage services.
WaterSure is a national scheme designed to help families save money if they use a lot of water and receive certain income-related benefits.
To be on the tariff you must have a water meter fitted. Customers on WaterSure pay for the water they use, up to a fixed maximum which won't be higher than the average household water bill.
Requirements for WaterSure
Before you make an application, please check that you:1. Have a water meter
Don't have a water meter?
Find out how to switch to a meter >2. Are in receipt of one of these income-related benefits:
- Universal credit
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Pension credit
- Income-based job seeker's allowance
- Working tax credit
- Child tax credit (you must be receiving more than just the family element)
- Income-related employment and support allowance
3. And have either:
- Three or more children under the age of 19 living in the household for whom the person receiving benefit also claims child benefit
- Someone living in your household, who has a medical condition which means they use a lot of extra water:
- Desquamation (flaky skin loss)
- Kidney failure requiring home dialysis (where the health authority does not contribute to payment of the water bill)
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal stomas
- Weeping skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
- Or any other medical condition for which a qualified medical practitioner has provided a certificate or written evidence confirming the requirement for additional water use, and as a result of that condition uses a significant additional amount of water
ImportantYou do not qualify for the scheme if you water your garden with a non-handheld appliance such as a sprinkler or domestic irrigation system, or if you have an auto-fill swimming pool, or a pond with a capacity of over 10,000 litres.
WaterSure charges 2022/2023
This is a fixed annual charge.
|WaterSure||£ per year|
|Used water charge||£189.60|
WaterSure application form
To apply, download this application form and return it to us with a photocopy of your supporting evidence.