Extra help

Priority Services Register

Customers who have additional needs or require extra help can access a range of free services we offer by joining the Priority Services Register.

Register for extra help

Let us know if you need a little bit of extra help by joining the Priority Services Register

If you have difficulty reading or understanding your bill we can arrange for information to be delivered in the following ways:

  • Braille
  • Large type
  • Read out to you over the phone
  • Translated into another language
  • Send your bill and other correspondence to a relative or friend

Send your bills to a friend or relative:

We can talk to a friend, relative or responsible person about your account once you have nominated them.

For data protection and security reasons we won't talk to anyone else about your account unless you have given us express permission to do so.

How to nominate a friend, relative or responsible person:

My Account - Register or login to My Account to access the easiest way to nominate someone. Go to account details once logged in to add a nominee.

By post - You will need to fill in a nominee consent form with the nominated person and send it back to us. Download a nominee consent form or request a nominee consent form by post.

If you are receiving dialysis or medical treatments:

Some medical treatments, such as dialysis at home, rely on a constant supply of water. If you, or anyone living in your home, has a condition that would be affected by a temporary interruption to your water supply, please let us know.

You will be notified of planned interruptions and given additional support during an emergency.

If you require additional help from us, you may also need help from your gas and electricity suppliers. Gas and electricity companies offer schemes and support similar to ours, for example password schemes or supplying bills in large print or Braille. Please contact them for more information.

Western Power Distribution 


Western Power Distribution distributes electricity in the East and West Midlands – if you have apower cut you can report it by calling 105.

If you think you may need extra help during a power cut due to being medically dependent on electricity, elderly or disabled or if you have specific communication needs you can find out about their Priority Service Register here.­